Manager position at SDSN Paris
The UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN) has been operating since 2012 under the auspices of the Secretary-General of the United Nations. The SDSN mobilizes research, academia, the private sector and civil society to promote the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and implement the Paris Climate Agreement. Professor Jeffrey D. Sachs, Special Advisor to UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres, is the Director of the SDSN, and Mr. Guido Schmidt-Traub is the Executive Director. The SDSN secretariat has offices in New York and Paris hosted by SDSN Association and SDSN Association Paris, respectively.
Since 2016 the SDSN in collaboration with the Bertelsmann Stiftung publishes an annual Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) Index and Dashboards (www.sdgindex.org) to establish baselines and identify implementation priorities for the internationally agreed goals. A city-level SDG Index has also been developed for the United States.
The SDSN Association Paris is recruiting for the position of Manager SDG Index. The position will report to the Executive Director of the SDSN, working closely with the Director of the SDSN.
The position is based in Paris and will require some international travel.
• Refine and update the annual SDG Index and Dashboards working with colleagues across the SDSN and partners, including the Bertelsmann Stiftung
• Develop new applications of the SDG Index and Dashboards, including regional and sub-national indices
• Research and support analytical work on SDG indicators, and data for sustainable development specifically in consultation with SDSN colleagues
Identify and pursue other analytical projects to be undertaken by the SDSN
• Support other work of the SDSN team as appropriate and undertake other writing and analytical pieces as requested by the SDSN leadership
• 4 years of experience in economic research, econometrics, data analysis
• Strong analytical skills, full proficiency with Stata statistical software
• Experience with global policy research and writing
• Self-motivated, entrepreneurial, innovative thinking
• Strong English writing skills
The SDSN Association Paris offers competitive salary and fringe benefits commensurate with a candidate’s experience.
The position is to be filled as quickly as possible. Candidates must have permission to work in France, as the SDSN will not sponsor any visas. Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.