Innowise Challenge 2021: Call for scaleups - startups related to the water management
EIT Food together with EIT Climate-KIC, EIT Digital and EIT Manufacturing are looking for twenty scaleups – startups seeing accelerated growth after demonstrating a product-market fit- and innovative SMEs working on new solutions tailored to one or several of the challenges described in the present document for the three sectors: i) food & beverage, ii) agriculture, and iii) utilities and infrastructure. The solution providers can submit their SMART solutions for a maximum of two of the sectorial challenges. Twenty applications will be selected to participate in the Programme, which includes market-oriented training, a 3-months mentoring period, and the possibility to implement a demo site with one of the problem holders at the end of the period.
SOLUTIONS WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
1 Water management in the food and beverage industry. Those can be related, but not limited to:
- Water recycling in the food processing lines.
- Ensuring a closed water cycle.
- Water quality monitoring.
- Reducing the environmental impact of water discharges
2 Water management in agriculture. Those can be related, but not limited to:
- Tools that allow a climate-smart agriculture and informed decision-making.
- Tools & methods to improve water efficiency
- Recovery, recycling and reuse of wastewater in irrigation.
- Cropping systems reducing evapotranspiration and water demand.
- Improve irrigation and drainage schemes.
3 Water management in utilities and infrastructure. Those can be related, but not limited to:
- Utility and industrial asset management
- Cybersecurity of infrastructures
- Real time monitor for infrastructure performance and water quality
- Surface and groundwater data within watersheds monitoring
MAIN SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Address one of several of the challenges described in the call.
- Be considered an SME under the EU definition.
- Be an already registered company based in one country within the EU and Horizon Europe (HE) associated countries. Priority will be given to those registered and based in Spain, Italy, Greece, Malta or Cyprus.
- Be the idea owner and, if applicable, being entitled to I.P. rights of their respective innovations.
- Applicants cannot have received 60,000 euro or more of funding in total from EIT.
- Applications must be submitted in English with all sections completed.
- Applicants cannot be alumni in the Water Scarcity InnoWise Challenge Lab past edition (2020).
Apply now at: https://www.f6s.com/water-scarcity-programme-2021/apply