ICSD 2020 - Multilateral Financing of the SDGs: African & Asian Experiences
On 21/9 @ 15:00- 16:00, Prof. Phoebe Koundouri moderated the discussion on Multilateral Financing of the SDGs: African & Asian Experiences” at ICSD.
Session 3, Plenary 3, Multilateral Financing of the SDGs: African & Asian Experiences
15:00- 16:00 EEST|
“The Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) call for major societal transformations that will require significant fiscal outlays as well as private investments. The fiscal outlays cover public investments, the public provision of social services, and social protection for vulnerable populations.” SDG Costing & Finance For LIDCS (SDSN 2019).
This session will showcase organizations that provide multilateral financing of the SDGs on the continents of both Africa and Asia. These organizations provide solutions to development challenges and support in the acceleration of the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals through financing and deployment of targeted interventions. The session will also be an opportunity to mobilize efforts through cross-cutting strategies and strong partnerships.
- Phoebe Koundouri, Professor, School of Economics, Athens University of Economics & Business (Moderator)
- Jeffrey Sachs, President, SDSN
- Amadou Thierno Diallo, Director of Global Practices, Economic and Social Infrastructure, Islamic Development Bank Group (IsDBG)
- Chief Nathaniel Ebo Nsarko, Executive Director, Millennium Promise
- Bernard Woods, Director, Results Management and Aid Effectiveness Division (SPRA), Strategy, Policy and Review Department (SPD), Asian Development Bank
Watch the video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7t2lk0XcTU