EU Hybrid Side Event at COP26 – Climate Neutrality and Biodiversity: Renewables Assets, Reporting Standards and Sustainable Finance
EU Hybrid Side Event at COP26 – Climate Neutrality and Biodiversity: Renewables Assets, Reporting Standards and Sustainable Finance | November 3, 2021 5:00 PM CET.
The transition to net zero emissions by 2050 could hinder environmental and biodiversity conservation. EAERE promotes the research-policy interface by examining this issue from an energy, marine and land-use standpoint. This provides the science-based framework to analyse the key role that renewable assets, reporting standards and sustainable finance can play to drive a sustainable transition.
- Phoebe Koundouri – Professor and Director of ReSEES Laboratory, Athens University of Economics and Business; President Elect of European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists; Director Sustainable Development Unit, Athena Information Technology Center; Co-chair Sustainable Development Solutions Network-Europe; Fellow World Academy of Art and Science (& Moderator)
- Simone Borghesi – Director Florence School of Regulation Climate, European University Institute and University of Siena, Italy
- Ian Bateman – OBE, US-NAS, FBA, FRSA, FRSB, Director: Land, Environment, Economics & Policy Institute (LEEP), University of Exeter Business School, UK
- Peter Paul van de Wijs – Chief External Affairs Officer, Global Reporting Initiative (GRI)
- Harold Pauwels – Director Standards, Global Reporting Initiative (GRI)
- Shane Swords – Managing Director, Head of Investor Relations, NextEnergyCapital
- Michael Bonte-Friedheim – Founding Partner & Group Chief Executive Officer, NextEnergyCapital
- Markus H.-P. Müller - Managing Director, Global Head of Chief Investment Office Private Bank, Deutsche Bank
The session is organized by EAERE and co-organized by Global Reporting Initiative (GRI); NextEnergy Capital Group; School of Economics and ReSEES Laboratory, Athens University of Economics and Business Sustainable Development Unit, ATHENA Information Technology Research Center; FSR Climate - European University Institute; University College London.
The event in presence will take place online (see registration link below) and at the EU Pavilion in Glasgow Scottish Event Campus, Room 3.5.G – Exhibition Way – Glasgow G3 8YW.